Monday, May 07, 2018

Mother's Day - H2H Challenges

This week at Heart 2 Heart challenges it is all about Mom's. Mother's Day is a bit bittersweet for me every year. I lost my own mother when I was 23 and it makes me so sad when I see all the Mother's Day stuff coming out in the stores and online. I had hoped becoming a mother would change this day for me but sadly no. I was not able to have children on my own and therefore we adopted 3 beautiful young little ladies and I could not love them more but sadly with adoption comes loss and Mother's Day is a huge trigger emotionally for them, each year gets a bit better and the day is not as bad as the one before it but I honestly try to avoid this day, we have so many happy days we celebrate together, I don't need one more, ever day is mothers day to me because I am the mom to 3 truly special, strong, gorgeous, kind, remarkable young ladies. 

So now, now onto my card....seeing how we do not do a lot with Mother's day around here I decided to skip Mother's Days cards this year and do a card inspired by my mother. My mom loved to cook and bake for us so I saw this cute little apron card and just had to make it for my inspired by card. I did this card at my Gimme Some Sugar workshop and it was a huge hit. 



Products Used:

Paper:
- Gimme Some Sugar
- Bashful and White Daisy cardstock

Embellishments:
- White Pearls
- Grey Ribbon

Stamp:
- Gimme Some Sugar card making & Thin Cuts

Ink:
- Juniper, Bashful, Heather, and Tangerine

Tools:
- Scalloped Thin Cuts
- Water Blending Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love to hear what you think about this or any of my projects! Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Brandi


No comments :